cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to open the item.... - Skipped" on Quickbooks (QBW) database

Derek_Thom
Level 3
Recently I have been getting the following error when doing our nightly full back ups:

"Unable to open the item D:\apps\Administration\Quickbooks\.QBW - skipped."

This has backed up in the past without a problem, and the database is not in use when it is attempting to back it up. We also have several other seperate Quickbooks databases of this type on the same drive that back up with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Derek
5 REPLIES 5

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Derek,

Are you using the Advanced Open File Option for the backup?

What kind of a database is Quickbooks?

==================

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Derek_Thom
Level 3
No, we aren't using the AOFO.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of database quickbooks is. As far as I know it is a proprietary database just for quickbooks.

The file has backed up fine before, without issue. Also, there are several other Quickbooks files on the server that are backed up just fine.

Thanks,

Derek

David_Jennings
Level 5
I'm having a similar issue w/ backing up our .QBW and .QBI files. The jobs running at 1 am so no one is using the files at that point.

Derek_Thom
Level 3
Yeah, same issue here. Running at midnight, confirmed with all users that they do not have the file open and are not connected from home.

Have left antivirus off all night as well, with no improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Derek

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Try the backup stopping the Quickbook services and check the result.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.