cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

randomly generated media label

FluxBlocker
Level 3
This morning I was glad to see that last night's backup was successful. We use BE 12.5 on Windows 2003 Server. We backup to a D2D (virtual 1x8 library) and then run a duplicate set to a 1x8 tape auto loader. The tapes have bar codes labeled ABC001L2 up to ABC036L2.  Each time a backup is made to tape, in the log file under Destination Drive and Media Information it will tell me which tape was used and it is always in the form ABC(3 digit number)L2. For example ABC012L2.  This morning in the log file under Destination Drive and Media Information, under media used, it has a random 8-digit hexadecimal number. So I look under All Media in the Media tab, and there is no such media listed. It only lists the 8 virtual tapes from the VTL (D2D), and the bar code labeled physical tapes from the auto loader (ABC001L2-ABC036L2). So I have no idea which tape in the auto loader the data was backed up to! Anyone ever had this happen? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Sam

P.S. I just noticed it said Slot 6 in the Destination Drive and Media Information area of the log file.  I looked and it appears this was the tape used, as the modified date is around 2am this morning.  However the media label in the log file is completely different from the media label displayed in the media tab under all media in backup exec.  Hopefully I'll figure out why.  Thanks again.

0 REPLIES 0