cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reinstall tape driver on 12.5, how ?

parcival
Level 2
Hello all,
To which i changed the SCSI controllers, Windows thinks it gives new tapes and asks me for the driver.
This happens with each restart. How can i later install the drivers of BE 12.5, thus Windows stop asking?

thx

parcival
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
This is how you would install the Symantec drivers:

1. Tools --> Wizards --> Device COnfiguration Wizard
2. Next (shows you a summary of your devices, be it B2D, autoloaders, libraries etc). Click Next Again.
3. Choose the option to "Install tape device drivers", and click Next. This brings up another wizard, and you can click Next.
4. Click Next at the USB device drivers warning...
5. Make sure the first option (Use Symantec drivers for all supported tape devices" is selected, and that the Additional options has "Use Plug and Play drivers for Windows 2000 or later" selected (might not need it, but I keep it on).
6. Click Next, and let your installation run. When it detects your tape drive and asks to install the drivers, choose the option to allow. You MIGHT need to reboot your server, so be aware of that.

If you want the latest device drivers, which isn't a bad thing, use the links above to get them. Load them like a normal installation, which installs them into BE, and then do the above.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 Hi 

Please check the below link for device drivers  with BE 12.5 

For 32 Bit Server
http://support.veritas.com/docs/329886

For 64 Bit Serevr 
http://support.veritas.com/docs/329887

CraigV
This is how you would install the Symantec drivers:

1. Tools --> Wizards --> Device COnfiguration Wizard
2. Next (shows you a summary of your devices, be it B2D, autoloaders, libraries etc). Click Next Again.
3. Choose the option to "Install tape device drivers", and click Next. This brings up another wizard, and you can click Next.
4. Click Next at the USB device drivers warning...
5. Make sure the first option (Use Symantec drivers for all supported tape devices" is selected, and that the Additional options has "Use Plug and Play drivers for Windows 2000 or later" selected (might not need it, but I keep it on).
6. Click Next, and let your installation run. When it detects your tape drive and asks to install the drivers, choose the option to allow. You MIGHT need to reboot your server, so be aware of that.

If you want the latest device drivers, which isn't a bad thing, use the links above to get them. Load them like a normal installation, which installs them into BE, and then do the above.

parcival
Level 2
Hi Craig,
hanks, that the correct hint had been :)

parcival

CraigV
Cool, let me know if it works and if it solved your query!
Thanks Parcival!

parcival
Level 2
Craig,
Everything works now without problem.
That was the solution :)

Thanks for your assistance.

parcival

CraigV
Rad, no problems!