cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote agent problem

nobby8
Level 2
We have three windows 2003 servers running SP2. We run backup exec 10.0 on one server with remote agents to backup the other two servers. A few weeks ago the backup failed to back up our application server. It seems that Backup Exec cannot access the remote agent on the machine (just to add we hadnt changed anything this simply happened over night). I uninstalled the agent on the app server and rolled it out again from the backup exec software which worked fine. I set up a new job but it failed to access the remote agent again. Next we downloaded the latest service pack (6) and I installed this and rolled out the remote agent and set up a new job which went fine. The next morning it had failed again, same problem. I have test run the job and it completes 100% but when it runs it still fails to connect to the remote agent. The failure error is

Job ended: 17 October 2007 at 07:03:59
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- WRAPP01Directory  was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
Directory  was not found, or could not be accessed.

There are no network issues with this machine. It is fully accessible from all the 100 odd machines we have in the place and there are no errors in its event log.

I cant find any relevant posts to this problem anywhere. Can some give me a pointer please?

Cheers

Ian
3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you logon to the media server as  the BESA, can you access all the shares on the Application server?

Do you use AOFO on this backup?

Have you tried the Knowledge Base search on the BackupExec Product Support Page?

nobby8
Level 2
Hi Ken

Thanks for your speedy reply. We are not using AOFO. I have looked through the knowledge base and there doesnt seem to be anything relevant although because i dont know exactly where the error lies it is difficult find any articles that might be relevant. I have searched for issues with the remote agent (which is where I think the problem lies) but nothing seems to match

i am a little confused about the BESA account you mentioned. I cant find any trace of a BESA account in active directory. Can you elaborate a little please?

Thanks

Ian

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
BESA - BackupExec Service Account

The context that the BackupExec services run under