cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote agent service just says STARTING

Chris_J1
Level 3
 Hi All,
I am hoping that someone can help me out.  I am running Veritas Backup Exec for Windows 9.0.  I have the remote agent on one other server.  Everything was working fine until I rebooted the computer this morning.  Now the remote agent service gets stuck and says Starting along with the backup exec server.  I am running a local client of MAS90.  The reason I mention this is that the network version of MAS200 uses port 10000, the NDmp port.  But MAS90 should not use this port.  Anyway, I change the NDMP port to 10001.  But it is still getting stuck.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyon
Level 5
 things to check..
1. Set the remote agent to manual and reboot - so it won't try and startup...then..
Try and telnet to the server on port 10,000, do you get a connection?  If so, something else is using  the port - try another one, as steveot says 12,000 is a good one.
2. Do you have Outlook and Outlook Express installed - if so, make sure one of them is setup as the default mail client.

Lyon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marksw
Level 5
 check the app log for any errors when attempting to start it. Does it say port 10000 still in use?
Try port 12000

Mark

lyon
Level 5
 things to check..
1. Set the remote agent to manual and reboot - so it won't try and startup...then..
Try and telnet to the server on port 10,000, do you get a connection?  If so, something else is using  the port - try another one, as steveot says 12,000 is a good one.
2. Do you have Outlook and Outlook Express installed - if so, make sure one of them is setup as the default mail client.

Lyon