cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote agents after "Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 2"

simlip
Level 4

Hi there,
I apply the update "Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 2" on my server.
Before I backuped others servers with remote agent for files, exchange, ...
Does I uninstall remote agents in order to switch backup as virtual machines ?
Thanks,
Regards,
Simlip

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if you uninstall the RAWS agent you can't do GRT backups/restores. But yes, essentially that is what you would do!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As Craig mentioned, without the remote agent the Application GRT would not work. What I suggest is you can go ahead and update the remote agents and change the backup selection. That is, now select the Virtual Machines from either ESX or Hyper-V

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

...if you uninstall the RAWS agent you can't do GRT backups/restores. But yes, essentially that is what you would do!

Thanks!

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As Craig mentioned, without the remote agent the Application GRT would not work. What I suggest is you can go ahead and update the remote agents and change the backup selection. That is, now select the Virtual Machines from either ESX or Hyper-V

Kunal_Mudliyar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited

switch backup as virtual machines?

Are you virtualizing your phyical server to Virtual servers?

If yes then remote agent should go out from those as they will cause conflicts as both the physical and virtual servers will publish to BE

CraigV

? That makes no sense...when you P2V using BE it would keep the VM shut down by default from what I have seen. No clash there.

The OP is asking whether or not he should update the RAWS agents on his VMs, or remove it and backup the VMs using the AVVI agent!

Thanks!

Kunal_Mudliyar1
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Not referring to P2V usign BE

I m just trying to understand if they are converted from phyiscal setup to Virtual setup

Before I backuped others servers with remote agent for files, exchange, ...

they said before so thought this could be involved

Thanks for clarifying