cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove data from media after rd1000 disk filled up

mcnabney
Level 3

i have a disk used for incremental backups, set with a 21 week retention, however it also does a once a week exchange backup. The disk has filled up and the last exchange backup failed with some errors i suspect are related to a full disk. I have changed the incremental retention to 12 weeks. I'd like to physically remove the older scratch files from the rd1000... what is the best way to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

After you have changed the OPP to 12 weeks, you should be able to see a few more overwriteable media (in blue) in your media set.

1) right-click on these overwriteable media and associate them with the Retired Media set.

2) go to the Retired Media Set, right-click on the media and then select Delete.  This will delete them from BE.

3) go to your disk and physically delete them.  This should free up space on your disk.

You should also go to Tools ---> Options and check that you have the option below set.  This will allow BE to re-use the recycleable media properly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

You may run an erase job for the older B2D files.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

After you have changed the OPP to 12 weeks, you should be able to see a few more overwriteable media (in blue) in your media set.

1) right-click on these overwriteable media and associate them with the Retired Media set.

2) go to the Retired Media Set, right-click on the media and then select Delete.  This will delete them from BE.

3) go to your disk and physically delete them.  This should free up space on your disk.

You should also go to Tools ---> Options and check that you have the option below set.  This will allow BE to re-use the recycleable media properly.