cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replace media server

Lapointe
Level 4
Hi
I'm searching the way to move the support list existing on a media server to another one.
We have change the media server with a new one, export jobs and selection list, but I don't know how to copy the support list (up to 60 supports)
I've try to restore the entire database from old to new, but BE server does not want to start (I don't remeber the error number but above 65xxx).
Does somebody know this way (if exist) ? I know I can inventory each cartidge but it is a long task to do
We use BE 10d under windows and have sql server for databases acces.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Are you talking about moving serial numbers? If yes, you can copy besernum.xml file located in c:\windows to the target server and import it during installation.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Lapointe,

Have you looked at the following link for transferring your DB to another server?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/275658.htm

This is valid for your version of BEWS.

Lapointe
Level 4
No thanks

It is about moving media list from one server to another one...

Regards

Lapointe
Level 4
Hi
Thanks for answering.

In fact, I can't reuse the original database. I have an media server named Srv1, with was the unique media server.
I choose to create a new media server named srv-backup, and I'd like to preserve the catalogues, the jobs, and the support list from the old one.
I test to restore the entire database using sql from old to new but the test fail... service backup exec don't start
I use the BE functionnality to transfert job list (a bug exist about the duplication jobs that does't want to be imported) and I was questionny about a possibility to export the list of media used (with pool appartenance) from old to new.

Else I will be obliged to inventory each cartidge (up to 60 ultrium 400/800) and this is a long task....

Regards

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Check this out...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/319367.htm