Highlighted

reset the cleaning statistics- BE 2014

I have replaced the cleaning tape in my MSL 4048 auto loader

How do i reset the cleaning statistic on BE 2014?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Try the workaround posted by

Try the workaround posted by the OP - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/new-cleaning-tape-backup-exec-still-thinks-its-old-tape

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Are you using bar codes on

Are you using bar codes on your tapes?  Does the new cleaning media have a different bar code than the previous cleaning media?  If you are using a new bar code, then the cleaning count should reset itself.

If you aren't using bar codes (or if you are re-using bar codes), then trying deleting the cleaning media, then re-importing & inventorying it.

We are using barcodes and we

We are using barcodes and we are not re-using barcodes. this is a new cleaning tape with a new barcode label.

I have tried scan, invetory and restart BE services, but the cleanning count stay the same and doesn't reset

Thanks

Right-click the Tape Drive

Right-click the Tape Drive and choose Details. Click on Statistics on the left pane and on the right-side, you'll have an option to reset cleaning.

Thats indeed reset the

Thats indeed reset the statictics of the drive, but when looking at the tape media properties, its says it has beedn used 8 times even it is new and was never in use.

It still see the old cleaning tape usage.

Accepted Solution!

Try the workaround posted by

Try the workaround posted by the OP - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/new-cleaning-tape-backup-exec-still-thinks-its-old-tape

View solution in original post

Thank you

Thank you

Re: Try the workaround posted by

Hi VJware,

I'm unable to open the link. It says - If you are already logged in and still can't access the page, you don't have permission to view the page--contact the person that gave you the link to see if there is an error.

Please advise. I'm having the same issue and already stuck.

Thank you in advance.