cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset the cleaning statistics- BE 2014

dori_bashan
Level 6

I have replaced the cleaning tape in my MSL 4048 auto loader

How do i reset the cleaning statistic on BE 2014?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try the workaround posted by the OP - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/new-cleaning-tape-backup-exec-still-thinks-its-old-tape

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Are you using bar codes on your tapes?  Does the new cleaning media have a different bar code than the previous cleaning media?  If you are using a new bar code, then the cleaning count should reset itself.

If you aren't using bar codes (or if you are re-using bar codes), then trying deleting the cleaning media, then re-importing & inventorying it.

dori_bashan
Level 6

We are using barcodes and we are not re-using barcodes. this is a new cleaning tape with a new barcode label.

I have tried scan, invetory and restart BE services, but the cleanning count stay the same and doesn't reset

Thanks

VJware
Level 6

Right-click the Tape Drive and choose Details. Click on Statistics on the left pane and on the right-side, you'll have an option to reset cleaning.

dori_bashan
Level 6

Thats indeed reset the statictics of the drive, but when looking at the tape media properties, its says it has beedn used 8 times even it is new and was never in use.

It still see the old cleaning tape usage.

VJware
Level 6

Try the workaround posted by the OP - https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/new-cleaning-tape-backup-exec-still-thinks-its-old-tape

dori_bashan
Level 6

Thank you

Hi VJware,

I'm unable to open the link. It says - If you are already logged in and still can't access the page, you don't have permission to view the page--contact the person that gave you the link to see if there is an error.

Please advise. I'm having the same issue and already stuck.

Thank you in advance.