cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restart symantec backup failed where it stopped

Nedipak
Level 2

restart symantec backup failed where it stopped

My sever rebboted due to Power Outage now , I want to restart symantec backup failed where it stopped.

I have arround 4.7 TB data & takes LTO4 -6 Tapes.

Thanks 

Deeapk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Only under certain circumstances & if Checkpoint Restart is enabled, then the backup can resume from where it stopped. Else not.

Are you using BE 10.x or a higher version ? (Older versions did not have the Checkpoint Restart feature)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6

Only under certain circumstances & if Checkpoint Restart is enabled, then the backup can resume from where it stopped. Else not.

Are you using BE 10.x or a higher version ? (Older versions did not have the Checkpoint Restart feature)

Nedipak
Level 2

backup exec 2010 R2.

Media server 13.0

Administrative console 13.0

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Checkpoint/restart started with BE 2012

VJware
Level 6

This version of BE had Checkpoint Restart feature, however only for MS Cluster Failover jobs.

In this version of BE, it is not possible for the backup to resume from where it failed/stopped earlier.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You'd need to upgrade to Backup Exec 15 with FP2 in order to get this functionality.

Don't go for anything less. There are some changes between BE 2010 R2 and BE 15 so read up on them before starting the upgrade. You need to apply for new licenses as well.

Better support for newer OS and applications, along with hardware...

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified
BE 15 requires a 64-bit media server. If your media server is not 64-bit, then you can only upgrade to BE 2014 which also has checkpoint/restart capability. If you do have a 64-bit media server, you still need to upgrade to BE 2010 R2 SP4 before you can upgrade to BE 15. Upgrades are free if you are on a current maintenance contract