cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore contacts

ApieBe
Level 4

When I try to restore individual contacts for a specific user, the restore completes succesfully, but no data is restored.

The backup ccount is tested and ok. The backup account also has full access to the users mailbox.

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Application Impersonation errors during Exchange restore should be fixed by Hotfix 180429

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Ensure you Backupexec is BE 2010 r3 sp2 with one hotfix after that & also ensure remote agent on exchange server matches with remote agent version on Media server

Also if you are trying to restore from tape try duplicating data to disk first & then again try doing restore & let me know, Also have this worked ever before?

Also if you can update the exchange version will be great.

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

You can duplicate to disk as per the article below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Colin_Weaver

Are you restoring contacts that are in the default contacts folder - or has the end user created separate customized contacts folders to manage their contacts?

ApieBe
Level 4

I am restoreing from disk, never do it from tape.  Takes to long ;). Thanks anyway for your reply.

ApieBe
Level 4

Hi First of all thanks for the reply. The versions are matching and service pack 2 is installed (was working before ;) ).Can you tell me the hotfix number, as liveupdate is not working... Have some issue to solve.

ApieBe
Level 4

I am not redirecting my restore, if that's what you mean. Thanks for your reply

Colin_Weaver

No Exchange 2010 has an ability for a user to manage contacts is into separate folders/containers and we are currently investigating a restore issue where end users have done this (even when restroing to original locations)  Hence the reason for my question

ApieBe
Level 4

Ok I created a new user because the 5 first letters where assigned tu multiple users.

Now I receive the following error:

V-79-57344-905 - The resource credentials for the restore job were unable to create a role assignmen...

I found following information:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH144126

Powershell is well configured "Deselect "Require SSL 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125119

Step 1 : Permissions and Roles required for backing up Exchange 2010.

1- Make sure that the BESA(Backup Exec System Account) or the account used for Backup and Restore of Exchange 2010 has below permissions :

• Should be a member of Built in Administrators Group in Active Directory => YES.
  • Should be a member of Domain Admins in Active Directory. => YES
  • Should be a member of Backup Operators in Active Directory. => YES
  • Should be a member of Organization Management in RBAC(Role Based Access Control).
  • Should be a member of Symantec EWS Impersonation Role in Exchange(For more details refer to Step 2). => YES

2- Make sure BESA(Backup Exec System Account) or the account used for Backup and Restore of Exchange 2010 has a unique and active mailbox associated with it.

3- Make sure that EWS(Exchange Web Service) is functioning properly. => YES

4- Restart all the Backup Exec Services on the Media Server(Tools | Backup Exec Services | Restart all services). => Done

5- Restart the Backup Exec Remote Agent Service on the Exchange Server. => Done

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH124615

Verify the following Backup Exec Service Account (BESA) Backup Exec Default Account credentials:

1. Use a logon account in Backup Exec that is a unique account in Active Directory with an activated mailbox on the Exchange server. => Done
  2. A unique name is one that does not exist in the organization as a subset of characters in another mailbox name. => DOne
  3. Ensure that the BESA is added to Adminstrators, Domain Admin, and Exchange Organization Admin groups on both Media server and Exchange server (s).
  4. The BESA should be assigned the Exchange Full Administators / Organization Management role in the Exchange System Manager and in the Exchange Management Console. =>Done
  5. Verify that the mailbox for BESA is not hidden in the Global Address List (GAL).
    1. Logon to the Exchange server with the BESA:
    2. Obtain additional group membership information by running the following command on the Exchange server:
      1. Open a CMD promp and enter the following: gpresult /z > c:\gpresult.txt
        The user is member of:The user is a part of the following security groups
            ---------------------------------------------------
                Domain Admins
                Everyone
                BUILTIN\Administrators
                BUILTIN\Users
                REMOTE INTERACTIVE LOGON
                NT AUTHORITY\INTERACTIVE
                NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users
                This Organization
                LOCAL
                SMSMSE Viewers
                SMSMSE Admins
                Exchange Organization Administrators
                Enterprise Admins
                Schema Admins
                Exchange Public Folder Administrators
                Recipient Management
                Exchange View-Only Administrators
                Organization Management
                Exchange Recipient Administrators
                View-Only Organization Management
                Public Folder Management
                Denied RODC Password Replication Group
                $DUPLICATE-65e
                High Mandatory Level

6. Make sure the BESA and the System Logon account in Backup Exec are the same. => NOK,It worked before, so i don't see a reason why it should be
  7. Give the new user the relevant rights and also activate the mailbox by sending and receiving mail.
  8. Restart all BE services on te media server and the remote server.
  9. Re-try the backup/restore.

Somebody info?

Colin_Weaver

Application Impersonation errors during Exchange restore should be fixed by Hotfix 180429

AndresV
VIP
Partner    VIP   
Hi man,

Im facing same problem but using Netbackup. How did you fix it?

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@AndresV 

You really need to post NetBackup issues in the NetBackup forum where you give detailed info of all relevant versions. 

This particular 2012 issue was fixed by a BE hotfix.