cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore file data

EvgeniyL
Level 5

I have server with name A and ip adress 10.0.0.1 in AD and  server with name A ip address 10.0.0.2 in workgroup.

I backup server A in domain software for backup Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3. Agent installed on two server.

I create restore job and  pointing to recover without redirecting,  but at this moment services Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows System stoped  server A 10.0.0.1.

Questions: Restore go to server A with ip 10.0.0.2 ?????  Recovery is going per DNS name or information from agent or IP address?

Tell me technical information on the method recovery.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
From your description you have taken a backup of 10.0.0.1, so without redirection the backup is going back to this server. If you want the restore to go to 10.0.0.2, then you have to specify redirection

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

pkh
   VIP    Certified
From your description you have taken a backup of 10.0.0.1, so without redirection the backup is going back to this server. If you want the restore to go to 10.0.0.2, then you have to specify redirection

EvgeniyL
Level 5

I do not need redirection. I want to UNDERSTAND how work BE in case of  disaster recovery.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Server A: 10.0.0.1 which is being backed up.

Server B: 10.0.0.2 which isn't being backed up...

Did you change the IP address of Server A to 10.0.0.2? Is your backup job configured to use the name of the server or the IP address? If so, this would explain why the restore still goes to Server A, even with the IP address change.

Thanks!

EvgeniyL
Level 5

sorry for my english.

My backup job configured to use the name of the server.

I want create clone server A (server B with another ip address and enter server B in workgroup) and keep it up to day

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I want create clone server A (server B with another ip address and enter server B in workgroup) and keep it up to day

You cannot do this because when you restore the system state of Server A on Server B and then reboot, Server B becomes Server A.  You would end up with 2 Server A's in the same network and domain which is not possible.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...just backup the BEDB.bak file along with the Data/Catalogs folders and the System State (and any other Windows systems files/folders required if necessary), and restore when you need to.

Otherwise, copy the Data/Catalogs folders periodically to Server B, and manually bring up the server when needed.

Thanks!

EvgeniyL
Level 5

Restore is going per DNS name or ip address or information from agent?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How is this knowledge going to help you clone a server?

EvgeniyL
Level 5

We develop a workaround that will do Recover Lotus database at a particular time. To do this, I want to understand how or on what basis the data recovery work at the same place from where you backed up.