cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restore on record of file

Femil
Level 3
 Can someone tell me how to, or if it is possible, to restore just one record of a file.  I have BE8.6.  Someone has deleted one record of an access database, and i am trying to restore it, or look at it, so i can copy that file back into the database. I cannot do a complete restore onthe system.  Is it possible to view the file thru this program? I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks
Emil
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THarry
Level 5
 No Femil, I suggest restoring it to a different location (create a new Access database which is empty) and then copying the missing record from the restored db into the actual dd.

Harry

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

THarry
Level 5
Hi Emil,
You should be able to go to the Restore tab, expand the tree to find the backup that you need. For example: let's say it's on Computer A and is on the D drive. There should be an entry for Computer A, expand that, find the D drive and expand that. Then you should see a list of backups by date. Find the one you want, expand that and keep expanding until you see the file you want to restore. Click (check) that file and then restore it

Harry

Femil
Level 3
 Harry,

Thank you for your quick reply.  What I need to do is open the MSAccess database, and get the individual record out of a table.  I cannot restore the whole database because there is a wealth of information that is inputted daily, and it will put us back a few days.  So with this being said is there a way to open the Database, to get the record?

THarry
Level 5
 No Femil, I suggest restoring it to a different location (create a new Access database which is empty) and then copying the missing record from the restored db into the actual dd.

Harry

Marksw
Level 5
 just do a redirect restore of the access db file to another location and open it from here, extract the record, and then import it into the live access db.

Mark