cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restoring catalogs

mghomer
Level 6

Hi guys,

Im using BE 2010 and Im trying restore the cataolgs files from 2007.

So i just restore them form a tape and copy to all other catalogs files but when i open the restore wizard i do not see any file from 2007.

If a take a look in the BE Catalogs folder i see the catalogs were allready there newest catalogs are as well and the looks like {879FGJH}_396*.fh and the second one with the same nummber {879FGJH}_396*.xml. But the restoref catalogs have not the partner files there are only xml or fh files but all with different numbers in the filename.

Can anybody help me with that please?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Mghomer,

What I understand from your statement is that the Catalog files are present in the catalog folder after your moved them to that folder but the restore selection is still not seen in the Backup Exec restore selection list.

Try to restart all Backup Exec services as it will require a service restart to sync the catalogs. Also in the restore selection list do not select any Date range for the data to be shown.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Catalog files are always in pairs with extensions .fh and .xml if you do not have the pairs then you have incomplete catalogs.

mghomer
Level 6

i see a some *img files in the catalog folder as well. Are there any informaniont i can use for restore?

Could it be it was an older version on BE so there were no pairs needed?

Thanks guys

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you have the media, I think it would be a lot easier to run an inventory and then catalog them.