cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restoring from .bkf files

Jeet_S
Level 3

Ok so the data has finished restoring but it is still in .bkf format. Is there a way to pull out what I need from these files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. Check your disk storages to make sure that the filenames of these .bkf files do not clash with any of the existing ones. If they clash then rename them. 2. Copy these .bkf files into a disk storage. 3. Inventory them, catalog and restore

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
1. Check your disk storages to make sure that the filenames of these .bkf files do not clash with any of the existing ones. If they clash then rename them. 2. Copy these .bkf files into a disk storage. 3. Inventory them, catalog and restore

Jeet_S
Level 3

Ok, will do and feedback. Many thanks.

Jeet_S
Level 3

Silly question - but I need to copy these into my B2D folder on my BE 2012 server right?

Or should I be putting them in the BEData folder?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Into an existing B2D folder or better still, create a new Disk Storage and put the .bkf files over there.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Isn't this what I say in Step 2 of my earlier comment?  B2D folders are called disk storage in BE 2012.

You can only have one disk storage per volume with BE 2012 which is why I did not ask you to create a new disk storage for them.  You might not have the extra volume.

Jeet_S
Level 3

Its ok I got it sorted. You were right I had to put them into the disk storage/B2D folder. Once I did that and ran an Inventory and Catalog the backup set that I needed appeared in the list of backup sets when I double clicked into disk storage.

From there I was able to drill down into the contents and obtain the information I needed. Many thanks for the help guys and thanks for your patience pkh yes