cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

restricting the user to modify the path given for backup

rup_waidande
Not applicable

Hi ,

I m using symantec exec 11d,i want slotion for, is ther any way by which i can restrict the user (not the administrator) from changing the backup location given for backup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Unfortunately we don't currently have role based security within Backup Exec, it is being considerd for a future version of Backup Exec (although not the next version)

You can implement some control by using restricted logon accounts and restricted encryption keys (instead of common ones) - however this will either block too much and cause you other problems or will not block enough so may not meet your requirement.

Basically at this current time more or less anyone you give access to the BEConsole should be trusted enough to manage your backups.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Unfortunately we don't currently have role based security within Backup Exec, it is being considerd for a future version of Backup Exec (although not the next version)

You can implement some control by using restricted logon accounts and restricted encryption keys (instead of common ones) - however this will either block too much and cause you other problems or will not block enough so may not meet your requirement.

Basically at this current time more or less anyone you give access to the BEConsole should be trusted enough to manage your backups.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Make sure that no user is a either a domain admin or a local admin on your backup server, along with restricting the BESA account you use for BE's services. Make sure that the BESA password is also complex and not readily known.

BE unfortunately has no application-level method to restrict access.

Thanks!