cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scratch media in symantec backup exec 2014

Michael_Mikhael
Level 3

The job most of the time doesn't start until I scratch the media under slot settings , please advice and help

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you don't have scratch media or overwritable media in your library, the job queues. You need to make sure you have scratch media available before the job begins in order to prevent this.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You need to have sufficient overwritable in your library before the job starts.  Otherwise it has nothing to write to.  It is a matter of adjusting your overwrite protection period.  To understand OPP better, see this document

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000032654

Michael_Mikhael
Level 3

thanks for the prompt reply , all the tapes are 2.3 TB so i am sure i have sufficient space , and the storage was set up as the below , am i doing anything wrong

Backup options.png

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hope you are not moving (assigning) the tape to a particular media set before the job starts.

Secondly, are the OPP / APP settings of the media set "Keep Data for 4 weeks" changed from default to custom values ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can have sufficient space on your tapes, but if there are not either appendable or overwritable then they are no use to your job. You need to look at your OPP/AP to make sure you have sufficient overwritable tapes BEFORE the start of the jobs. Read the document which I referenced earlier carefully