cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

server support VMware vSphere 5.0

Marduk
Level 4

I have a BE 2012. And I have 2 servers each server vmware 5.0 sphere has virtual machines (active directory, exchange, file server, etc.) I have 2 licenses just for those two servers. and yesterday afternoon, install on the same server vmware BE 2012 a customer to look at virtual machines and install the plugin symantec backup exec. well not if I did or that way is better. but today when the server restarts affected me the drivers for the RAID disk and reinstall I touch everything. I can do to support that

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Few things you can take care off

1 Ensure your ESX 5.0 is licensed for Vstorage as Backupexec used Vstorage API to backup virtual machine

2 On your 2 virtual machines you can install remote agent for BE 2012

3 Then once you install licesnes for virtual machine you will see Add vmware server which is next to ADD tab please click on ADD vmware server to add the name of ESX or Vcenter server

4 Once added it will list your virtual machine , Accordingly you can do GRT backup of those virtual machine

Attached the snap of ADD vmware server  in BE 2012

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Few things you can take care off

1 Ensure your ESX 5.0 is licensed for Vstorage as Backupexec used Vstorage API to backup virtual machine

2 On your 2 virtual machines you can install remote agent for BE 2012

3 Then once you install licesnes for virtual machine you will see Add vmware server which is next to ADD tab please click on ADD vmware server to add the name of ESX or Vcenter server

4 Once added it will list your virtual machine , Accordingly you can do GRT backup of those virtual machine

Attached the snap of ADD vmware server  in BE 2012