cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

several servers - different strategies - HowTo?

t-work
Level 3
Hi Forum, This is my first post here. We are testing with the Eval-Version of BE12.5 and SR8.5 - both for SBS2003. We want to implement a complete new backup concept and are testing different products where I believe that BE is the right way to go. At the moment I am stuck a bit: Setup: * we want to backup the SBS and 3 additional servers. * Concept should be GFS but with different sources / backup-types: * SBS: 4 weeks daily full, 12 months monthly full * Server2: same as SBS * Server3: 4 weeks daily diff, 4 weeks weekly full, 12 months monthly full * Server4: same as server3 * ALL these Backups have to be written to a seperate HDD on the media-server and then have to be backed up to tape So... It is a "simple" B2D2T backup following GFS-strategy on the one hand, following FS-strategy on the other hand I can't find a way to establish these jobs in a way so that they 1.) start each after another automatically (due to different backup-types [full/diff] at the same day from different sources I can't use ONE rule-based backup, where at least "start *a* after *b* has finished" works...) 2.) get automatically duplicated to tape AT THE END OF ALL B2D-Jobs 3.) create ONE status report after finishing the complete set At the moment I tested the templates: one template per server that creates 4(3) Jobs: (G),F,S and duplicate. But that is just stupid: every job has to be scheduled seperatly and if ONE backup takes longer than MESSURED, all the rest becomes f-cked up. I know it HAS TO BE possible to define that in BE - so where / how? I would appreciate if anyone could give me some hints.
1 REPLY 1

t-work
Level 3

mh - strange behavior of the board-editors....
had to edit that post too often - sorry ;)

greetings,

Thomas