cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shapshot error (Ugent problem)

hu_Jack
Level 2
Dear all:
I backup data file and SQL Server2000 in G: driver.
After finishing a job. I checked the job log.
Job status : completed with exceptions.
Job Log:
Backup - \\SGX-NEC-01
OFO: Initialization failure on: "G:". Advanced Open File Option used: veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Snapshot error (0xfffffe29): Authentication failed on connection to the server.
OFO: Initialization failure on: "SGX-NEC-01". Advanced Open File Option used: veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).

Pls be informed : login user is a administator member and can access sql server2000.
startup veritas services using "this account" in W2K services.

who can help me.

thanks a lot.

P.S :
Can I restore the job successfully?
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

You should be able to restore the files. However we recommend creating separate backup jobs for SQL and other normal files. Please do not backup the Backup Exec's MSDE instance. This is not required. Backup Exec will automatically back it up.

When you create backup jobs, do not use AOFO for SQL backups. For other files you may use AOFO.
Please refer the following technote which gives detailed information on the AOFO option and its usage.
Title:
What is the intended use of the Open File Option and the Advanced Open File Option?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263784

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be

marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.