cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow backup rate

jadesina1
Level 4
Partner Accredited

i have a backupexec 2012 sp 3 installed in my enviroment. the is this particular job on a particular drive that the job rate is very slow. it is as slow as 50mb/min. i have an LTO5 tape library with with 2 drives. i have other data being backed up from the same drive as the one with the slow throughput rate and they backup as fast as 500-800mb/min. so my worries is why this particular data on the same drive. i have recreated the policy and also re-installed the remote agent yet no improvement. i have alst spillted the jobs into 2, yet the 2 jobs are backing up at the same rate of 50mb/mins. what would you advise i do? has anyone experience such issue before?

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Couple of things to check out:

1. What sort of data is being backed up? Lots of small files will see the speed of the drive drop substantially due to the stop/start nature of backing up small files!

2. Check for drive fragmentation on that particular drive as this can impact on the performance.

3. Check for any hard drive failures if a RAID set.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that there are no housekeeping jobs accessing the resource to be backed up at the time of the backup.