cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software to manage bkp tapes LTO.

Daniel_Orlando
Level 3

Hi!

Does somebody can help me and teel me a program witch can manage the tapes? Today I use exce!

Thanks

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What functions are you specifically looking for?  BE will manage your tapes for you when you put them in media sets with the appropriate OPP and AP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What functions are you specifically looking for?  BE will manage your tapes for you when you put them in media sets with the appropriate OPP and AP.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you can also pull a report using BE's reporting functionality that will show you what tapes belong in which media sets...this will do away with Excel at the end of the day too!

Daniel_Orlando
Level 3

I am looking for something that can help me to manage the tapes because I have more than 5 bkp servers running in different branches, so in this "software" I would organize the tapes by for example: Monthys server1, daily server1 and 2 , etc...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...then as pkh states, BE will manage the tapes physically and logically and as per my post, BE's reporting function will let you know what tapes belong to what media set. You'd do this on a per server basis, or if you have a CASO, from the CASO server itself.

You can then physically separate the tapes in a safe/cupboard etc. on each site/per server.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You would need to setup the correct media sets to contain your tapes.  For example, you can have media sets called Server1, Server2, etc. to keep the media for each server.