Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sql backup error

sadegh
Level 2

Hi

when i want get backup from SQL DB i see this error:

Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are on-line, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

i use a backup to disk folder method and create a folder in backup server

this error shows when i want get a backup server from SQL server but when i get backup file "no DB" my job is successfully

how do i solve this problemsad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

psj_symhelp
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

Check the credential of backup job logon account for sql server and test should be successfull.

check the database status is online and uncheck database physical consistancy in backup job.

make sure that backup job logon account should have full rights on sql database like dbowner and dbcreator

run the backup job and check result. If problem occured share job logs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

psj_symhelp
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi

Check the credential of backup job logon account for sql server and test should be successfull.

check the database status is online and uncheck database physical consistancy in backup job.

make sure that backup job logon account should have full rights on sql database like dbowner and dbcreator

run the backup job and check result. If problem occured share job logs

sadegh
Level 2

tnx smileyheart

my problem solved by change the account type with right permission

sadegh
Level 2

but i face a new problem

when i get backup after finish job i see this exception

Database MSCRM_CONFIG is configured to maintain transaction logs. Transaction log backups are not being performed. This will result in the log growing to fill all available disk space. Regular log backups should be scheduled or the database should be changed to the simple recovery mode.

i install a remote agent in OS and OS is inside vmware virtual machin

SQL Backup method is full - backup entire database filegroup

how do i do??frown

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited