cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symantec backup exec

sara_sabry
Level 2

if i have 2 servers file server and exchange server and i need SYMC BACKUP EXEC 15 SERVER WIN PER SERVER BNDL STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S ESSENTIAL 12 MONTHS  and  SYMC BACKUP EXEC 15 AGENT FOR APPLICA-TIONS AND DATABASES WIN PER SERVER BNDL STD LIC EXPRESS BAND S BASIC 12 MONTHS . shoud i have quantity one for the 2 servers or quantity 2 one for each server ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You would need 1 x Backup Exec 15 Server license for the media server, 1 x SYMC BACKUP EXEC 15 AGENT FOR APPLICATIONS AND DATABASES for the Exchange server (allow syou to install the remote agent on the exchange server) and 1 x remote agent license for the file server (assuming you install Backup Exec on 1 of the file servers).

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV

Hi,

You would need 1 x Backup Exec 15 Server license for the media server, 1 x SYMC BACKUP EXEC 15 AGENT FOR APPLICATIONS AND DATABASES for the Exchange server (allow syou to install the remote agent on the exchange server) and 1 x remote agent license for the file server (assuming you install Backup Exec on 1 of the file servers).

Thanks!

CraigV

...just clarify that with the licensing department.