cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tapes from other location

mghomer
Level 6

Hi all,

i have some lto5 tapes imported to my BE2010 after i have run the enventory the description of the tapes: overwritable (imported media).

Is they are any possibilty to protect all imported tapes within BE2010, so they are not automaticly overwrieteble after import?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Move the write protect switch on the tapes itself ?

mghomer
Level 6

i have done it allready, but for the future a need a sowftware solution because the loader is not in my location.

I have to as a collegue to import the tapes and if the collegue forget to use the potect switch...

Thanks

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Creeate a media set with a longer write protection period and as soon as you have inventoried the tapes move them tapes into that set.

The other option that I think has an effect is set the overall server media Protection to Full instead of partial (or none)

mghomer
Level 6

and media sets is only kind of lable with no impact on tape content. I mean it will not deleate the content of tapes jast add some function to this tapes, correct?

thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Media sets are where you specify how much protection you want to give to the tapes. They do not alter the contents of the tapes