cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the difference between the clocks on the central administration server and the managed Backup Exec server:SUKDBAK01 has exceeded 30 seconds. Reset the clock on the managed Backup Exec server to match the central administration server clock

mohammad_gad
Level 2
Partner Accredited

CAS And managed medai server in different time zones and getting alert "the difference between the clocks on the central administration server and the managed Backup Exec server:SUKDBAK01 has exceeded 30 seconds. Reset the clock on the managed Backup Exec server to match the central administration server clock"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mohammad_gad
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I found that there is around 40 seconds differnt between the 2 servers, so i changed the alert vale to 60 secons and informed the customer to find away to correct the time difference.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec should work with UTC for comparison like this and as such ignore the timezone settings.

As such are your servers  not synchronized with the same time signal or have you not actually configured your operating system/server timezones correctly but just set them up with their own local time but incorrect timezone offsets?

BTW I have just set my CASO and MBE servers to USA and EMEA timezones and have not seen that mesaage yet - I will leave them like this overnight to see.

mohammad_gad
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I found that there is around 40 seconds differnt between the 2 servers, so i changed the alert vale to 60 secons and informed the customer to find away to correct the time difference.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

It is importyant that time between managed servers and the CASO is synchronized as such all of the servers should be configured to maintain synchronized time from the same source.