cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the logon account you specified in the remote agent utility cannot be authenticated

stinson_b
Level 3

Hi all,

now i really really need your help in this case...

this is the situation:

I have 2 servers DB1 and DB2. DB1 is the primary and DB2 is the dataguard (i'm using oracle).

i have installed symantec backup exec 12.5 in DB2 and install the remote agent in DB1. when I try to run a job for backup oracle database, it keeps getting this error message : i 

The logon account specified in the Remote Agent Utility cannot be authenticated. Update the entry in the list of authentication credentials on the media server.

i have tried all the solution that I can get, changin remote agent setting in DB1 :

in publishing tab I add DB2 computer name but it kept changing after i run the job(it change into DB2 computer name(all capital letter, eventhough the computer name contain no capital letter at all, I try to edit it, but it can't be changed). still in the publishing tab, publish name for this agent is DB1.domain.etc(it's the computer full name of DB1).

in oracle tab I add new, insert the username and password(i'm pretty sure it's correct), media server name I input DB2.domain.etc(full computer name of DB2), job template name = default

in database access tab, I tick the checkbox enable media server autentication for erocle----, and then for the username I input = domain\Administrator

and enter the password to Login as administrator to server DB1.

Now, for the configuration in DB2, backup exec--> tools -->option

in the oracle tab, I go into the modify list

click new, 

in the add server window, oracle or DB2 server I input = DB1.domain.etc(full computer name of DB1), logon account = System Logon Account

that's all my backup exec configuration. please, I really need your help, i've been stuck in this case for a quite long time.. if you need configuration information you can tell me.

best regard,

stinson

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Since the format under Database Access tab is Domain\Username, is it under the same format under Tools - Options - Oracle - Modify List ?

Also, does this account have sysdba creds ?