cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thecus N8800PRO NAS is identified as windows computer by backupexec 16

TSEP
Level 2

Hello,

I'm using an evaluation version of BackupExec 16, trying to do a backup of a cifs share located on a thecus N8800PRO NAS. When i added the NAS to the default "All Servers" group, i've selected the option "Fileserver or NDMP-Dataserver". But when the configuration wizard is finished, the "ServerType" property of the newly added server is "Windows-Computer". I've tried to select the option "Linux-Computer" as well, but i got the same results. When i create a backjob and edit/test the login account information, the connection to the server is successfully established, but the connection to the share fails, though the same login account information is configured. When i run the backupjob, the job fails also.

Anyways, i'm wondering why the "ServerType" property is displayed as "Windows Computer", even though the thecus N8800PRO NAS runs a linux operating system. Has someone experienced this behavior before? Might someone tell me, what i might be doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE will always identify the NAS as Windows if you add it as a CIFS file server.  It does not matter what OS is used on the NAS and this identification does not affect your backups.

Thanks for the reply.

Meanwhile i've found the reason why the backup job didn't work. I had set the networkinterface to a fixed interface instead of any interface in the network configuration dialog of the job. That made the backup job fail.After switching back to any interface the backup worked.