Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to browse folders on user defined selection list

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi,

I get freeze when browsing the folders on user defined selection list. Please help. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you tried a restart of either the RALUS agent on the Linux server or a restart of the server itself?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

I'm currently using Backup Exec 2010 it gets freezes when trying to expand selections on a linux server. Any advice is very much appreciated. Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) check that the variant of Linux that you are using is supported.  See the HCL below

BE 2010|2010 R2|2010 R3 Hardware (HCL)

2) Make sure that the RALUS is started.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Hi pkh

Actually this Linux server had run the backup before without any problem. The issue started yesterday I notice that the job took long hours of running compared from the previous days that it only takes 15-30 minutes. So I canceled the job and try to open the selection list but it won't allow because it's already freeze. No changes was made on root password and remote agent is running as well. We try the approach of restarting the remote agent but still the same issue. Hope you could help me on this.

Thank you so much.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If the version of your Linux is not supported, then it is not properly tested to work with BE.  Anything could happen to throw a successfully running job off.

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

Thanks pkh for your suggestion I appreciated it but is there any work around that I should try maybe configurations that be done first either on the server or in BE?

Thank you.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Although these 2 documents are related to Oracle, you can use the procedures to enable debug and try to resolve the errors.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH128603

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH66016

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you tried a restart of either the RALUS agent on the Linux server or a restart of the server itself?

no_name1
Level 5
Certified

The issue was resolved after we restarted the server. Thanks