cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to create selection list

Jeromy
Level 3
I have a restore job that I need to do. Got to get at one directory.  I can see the directory, but when creating the restore job I get "unable to create selection list".
I am in the process of re-cataloging the media which is currently on 8.5 hrs.
Anyone else had this problem?

Jeromy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
The BE database is corrupted I guess. If above posts don't help, try this.
Drop the existing database and reload from backup or base. You will probably lose all your jobs setting/media sets. Catalogs will be retained.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254014.htm

When you go thru this technote try a reload from backup first. Then try the base.
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

This problem occurs if the CATALOG that was generated for that tape has become corrupted.  To correct this problem, perform the following steps:

1.  Locate the tape in the ALL MEDIA section on the MEDIA tab of Backup Exec.

2.  Right mouse click on the tape and choose RESTORE.

3.  When the RESTORE job window comes up, it will show you the tape is already highlighted on the left pane of the 2 pane window.

4.  Right mouse click on the highlighted selection and choose DELETE.

5.  Close the RESTORE job window.

6.  INVENTORY the tape that the restore selections was removed for and then run a CATALOG job to rebuild the restore selections for that tape.  If the backup spanned more than this tape, you will need all of the media available to perform this operation.

Once the CATALOG job is finished, a RESTORE job should be able to be created for the selections from that tape.

shirmal
Level 5
The BE database is corrupted I guess. If above posts don't help, try this.
Drop the existing database and reload from backup or base. You will probably lose all your jobs setting/media sets. Catalogs will be retained.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254014.htm

When you go thru this technote try a reload from backup first. Then try the base.
Hope this helps

---Cheers

shirmal

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

The last resort would be reload from Base OR Backup.

Before performing a reload from Base or Backup, I would recomend you to perform the steps in my post, if it doesen't work, perform an extensive repair on the Backup Exec Database using BeUtility

Run BeUtility and perform the following step by step
1  : Recover Database
2  : Repair Database
3  : Dump database
4  : Rebuild Database indices
5  : Compact database
6  : Age Database

Dont worry if any one of the processes fails, try restore after these steps, if fails we need to go ahead and perform either reload from Backup or Reload from Base.