cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to establish trust with agent

Kimmy_Shun
Level 5

cannot establish trust with agent from MMS. No problem with CAS. Please refer to attached pictures. The system time is correct. Thanks

BE15

Agent OS: Windows server 2008 standard

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you're running a firewall, make sure port 10000 is open to allow the RAWS connection.

Also make sure that DNS isn't an issue, and that you can resolve the remote server and media server from each other with regards to IP and Name.

Thanks!

Kimmy_Shun
Level 5

We have checked that agent is able to telnet MMS 10000 and can ping and resolve the IP. Any other idea? Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Disable IPv6 on both the media server and the remote server

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is the MMS running the same BE version as that of the CASO server ?

Is the Remote Agent also upto date ?

Have you tried reinstalling the Remote Agent by pushing it from the MMS ?

If yes to the above, then on the MMS server stop all BE services.

Browse to \Program Files\Symantec\Backup exec\Data and rename / cut the existing .crt & .key files. Do the same on the affected remote server. Start all services.

Try restablishing the trust from the MMS server.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check any AV running and then make sure it isn't blocking the beremote.exe service. I've had McAfee do that!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Both the MMS and CAO shoud be listeingin on Port 6101

Make sure the remote agents you are trying to trust are both able to telnet into both MMS and CASO server on Port 6101 (in other words run telnet on the remote server and test to 6101 on MMS and CASO)

If this works then use the remote agent utility (VxMon.exe) to check that agent publishing is configured to both CASO and MMS server (again this is done on the remote server)

Kimmy_Shun
Level 5

Hi VJware,

The Windows agent is able to connect by MMS, but on CASO , it always show conection not established.

I tried your suggestion to remove the cert on Windows agent at \Program Files\Symantec\Backup exec\Data , then publish from MMS or CASO again, still same. Restart backup agent service on Windows Agent/MMS/CASO , still not work. I found the cert name push from MMS and CASO is different.

Please advise the troubleshooting steps when I met this problem. It often happens after I manually install backup agent on Windows agent, add it into MMS, and then add it into CASO. Only the status in CASO has problem.

Thanks

mgmasterv2
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Kimmy Shun, did you find any reason or solution for that?