cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to restore files from backup

shangwsh
Level 4

Hi,

When restoring files from tape, i encounter issue that my staging location require 1.5TB. Thus i create a 1.5TB disk to the backup server and restore can go thru. but restoration failed as the destination server's remote agent stopped.

After which i restart the restore job, but now it complains it needs 3.0TB staging location!

Please help. Is this a bug?

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you're doing a GRT restore of something like a VM or an application like Exchange, you need as much free space available on the temporary staging location (C:\Temp by default) as the VM/app is big. So it seems as if you need at least 3TB available according to the job log you posted. This is only required when doing GRT restores from tape, not disk.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Duplicate the tape backup set to disk and then restore from the disk backup set

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you're doing a GRT restore of something like a VM or an application like Exchange, you need as much free space available on the temporary staging location (C:\Temp by default) as the VM/app is big. So it seems as if you need at least 3TB available according to the job log you posted. This is only required when doing GRT restores from tape, not disk.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If only 1.5 TB is required and not 3TB, do ensure the staging location is completely empty before running a new restore job.