cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to view by resource in backup selection

burtos
Level 5

iam unable to view by resources when checking to see what we are backing up i just get a All resources option, with no way to expand the selection as seen in the attahced jpeg.  The view selection details tab still displays all the folders we are backing up.  Also probably due to this issue i cant check  the resource credentials to make sure the account is ok. 

I get a Connection to server failed Hit <F5> to retry, i have tried this but it doesnt do anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
1.it can be because of  Backup Exec Agent Browser and Job Engine services have not started . Make sure all the services are started
Make sure the backup exec account have proper rights and permission i.e shud be a domain admin
Make the backup exec account have the "logon as a batch job" and ran gpupdate /force

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

That is usually caused by the Backup Exec Servcie accounts not having the required permissions:

The should be a local admin of the server (if it is a DC that means Domain Admin) and also have at least:
- Log on as a Service
- Act as Part of the Operating System
- Create a Token Object
- Manage Auditing and Security Log
- Backup Files and Directories
- Restore Files and Directories

I have a feeling the symptoms you have specifically relate to one missing security attribute - off the top of my head can't remember which one it is though.

Note: Can also be because some services are not running.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
1.it can be because of  Backup Exec Agent Browser and Job Engine services have not started . Make sure all the services are started
Make sure the backup exec account have proper rights and permission i.e shud be a domain admin
Make the backup exec account have the "logon as a batch job" and ran gpupdate /force

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Also try the following
tools>>backup exec services>>service credentials
-re- entered service account information
-restarted backup exec services

burtos
Level 5

there is only one service that is not running and thats the Backup Exec PureDisk Filesystem Service, does this need to be running

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

The Puredisk service shoudl not affect that condition - so it's probably security - and may well be the one attribute I missed that RahulG listed - the logon as a batch job permission.

burtos
Level 5
hi colin how to i check and set the logon as a batch job permission. Probably need how to do this in simple steps unfortunately

burtos
Level 5
i have managed now to set the logon as a batch job permission, going to restart all teh services and see what happens

burtos
Level 5
thanks guys that seems to off worked, i can now see the resources, quite surprised it happend though as it has been working fine until last night and never changed a thing.

Tech-IT
Not applicable
Hi All,

Thanks for posting this up as its been a real drama for me to solve. I just need to know how to set  logon as a batch job permission to fixs the issue.

Cheers