cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding DLO Maintenance Service

Simba
Level 2

Should the DLO Maintenance Service be installed on each and every DLO Client or just on Management Server?

The Symantec description I found is:

>The maintenance server is installed by default when DLO is installed.

>Only one maintenance server is required. However, in large installations it may be more efficient to have >one maintenance server for each Storage Location host (File Server).

We have only one Storage Location Server and the Symantec Management Server is listed as the maintenance Server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DeeElOh
Not applicable
I would suggest installing the DLO maintenance server service on the same server as your storage location as far as possible.  However, if your admin server has got the bandwidth and resources to spare, there's nothing wrong with leaving it there.  Optimally, the maintenance server needs to "talk" with the NUDF and has got nothing to do with the admin server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DeeElOh
Not applicable
I would suggest installing the DLO maintenance server service on the same server as your storage location as far as possible.  However, if your admin server has got the bandwidth and resources to spare, there's nothing wrong with leaving it there.  Optimally, the maintenance server needs to "talk" with the NUDF and has got nothing to do with the admin server.