cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update the Agents to BE2012 required a reboot from the remote computer?

Lykantroph
Level 4

Hello again,

When i update the Agent from a remote computer be2012 give the message "a reboot from the remote computer is required", this is very boring we have 170 hosts.

Should i really reboot all hosts who have got a new Be2012 agent version or can i restart only the Backup Exec für Windows Agent. Does it works with only restart the service?.

Thank you

Florian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Florian,

Should i really reboot all hosts who have got a new Be2012 agent version or can i restart only the Backup Exec für Windows Agent. Does it works with only restart the service?.

WE would receommend that to avoid any failure rebooting of the servers needs to be performed as soon as possible. Reboot is specially required when you are pushing any major updates like Service Pack which has many changes included in it.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB

Backup jobs would still work without reboot but its recommeded to reboot the server after updating 

RAWS. During installation some files are locked by OS which are updated only after a reboot.

Rstarting of RAWS service will not be sufficient.

VJware
Level 6

Ideally, reboot message is given for systems which have/had the AOFO option installed/uninstalled else not..

Sush---
Level 6

Hello Florian,

WE would receommend that to avoid any failure rebooting of the servers needs to be performed as soon as possible. Reboot is specially required when you are pushing any major updates like Service Pack which has many changes included in it.

Thanks,

-Sush...