cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v-79-57344-65084 - Before you can back up the resource (\\<FQDN>\X:), you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent.

mrjallengibbsth
Not applicable

I've been using Back Exec 12.5 for a year now with no problems.  Last night, my backups for netware failed with above problem.  I do have a valid license, 12.5 for Window Servers (Novell netware does not have seperate license), but keep getting must purchase a valid license.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled my 12.5 for Window Servers license, can see it in the license window, but still get same message.  Has anyone else experinece this problem recently?

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In order to back up Netware servers, you would require a valid Remote Agent for Netware license key on the BE media server. ( By default, if license is not entered, the agent goes into an evaluation mode for 60 days).

Lively
Level 5

To confirm the license it is looking for try the Help, About, License information section.

It does look like the only listing is the Remote Agent for Netware Systems which I don't think is anything but the remote server license. 
S systems