cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vCenter Backup Failure - Login Error

Ben_Blackmore1
Level 4

Hi,

Recently our backups of our virtual machines have errored with the message below. However, the virtual machines appear to backup and verify successfully, and 600GB+ is backed up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job ended: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 4:20:25 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0009541 - Could not connect to the VMware Virtual Center or ESX server. Please verify the credential supplied for login.
Final error category: Resource Errors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The password hasn't changed, so I'm unsure why the backup gives the failure message. I've tried rebooting the vCenter server, and the backup exec server, and re-entering the password in the 'logon accounts' section, but this doesn't appear to help.

We're running BackupExec 12.5, and vSphere v4.1.

Any help or advise much appreciated

Ben

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you checked http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH64253

Ben_Blackmore1
Level 4

Hi,

Yes, first thing I read, and tried all of the following as suggested:

"In order to backup the Virtual Machine, correct credentials needs to be specified.  

If the backup is performed through the Virtual Center, then the Logon Account, that is the Local System Account, rights needs to be specified.

If the backup is performed through ESX Server directly then its the root account that needs to be used.

Note: This issue can also occur if the password is changed for the account after the job configuration. To resolve this, the password needs to be changed in Backup Exec (Network, Logon Accounts) as well"

Ben