cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vSphere 5.1 Support Update

Turls
Level 6

Symantec and VMware are unwaveringly dedicated to quality in our jointly developed solutions. During our testing with the VMware vStorage 5.1 API Symantec discovered issues* that introduce data recovery risks. We raised these concerns with our friends at VMware, who documented them in their knowledge base and in the VMware vSphere 5.1 release notes.  VMware expects to release a vStorage API update, and at that time we expect to retest and once again support joint solutions.

Read this blog for more details!

38 REPLIES 38

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Unfortunately yes, but the beta will not be public available. You will have to subscribe for it.

Maxgeo
Level 4

Whats the go with the upcoming BE 2012 release? Is it a Seervice pack or a release?

I went to the Symantec symposium last year and we were told R2 "early 2013'. Now I have signed up for beta realease because basically our backups dont work, and now I am told the beta SP2 will finally be available in May 2013, yet its not an R2.

So what beta is due in May? SP2? or R2?

demo4119
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Should be SP2. I have customer facing a few issues and SP2 will resolve most of them.

Drew_Meyer
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Guys -

We tried to answer this question with the VMware blog entries here. Backup Exec 2010 and BE2012 will support vSphere 5.1 in the next Service Packs.

See here for the latest on the beta and GA schedules for the Service Packs on BE2010 and BE2012.

Track the latest info here in Connect, on SpiceWorks, on Twitter or on Google+

BanksyMJ
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Latest on the BE2012 (next version) - There is a post elsewhere on this forum indicating Beta is now due May 2013. Sorry not sure exactly where.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that post is linked to in the above post by Symantec's Director of Marketing...wink

Drew_Meyer
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Thanks, CraigV. BanksyMJ, you may refer folks to my blog post here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/schedule-update-next-releases-backup-exec

BanksyMJ
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Thanks CraigV & Drew

simlip
Level 4

Hi there,

When does you release a final patch that supports Vpshere 5.1 ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Simlip

Drew_Meyer
Level 4
Employee Accredited

simlip, we are going into beta on those Service Packs right now. Check the blogs referenced above for the latest information.

UKRonaldo
Level 3

Do you know when service packs are going to be released for beta testing? I've been watching blogs like hawk but getting tired of all wait.

Drew_Meyer
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Watch Monday for an update. First hands-on testers installed BE2010 this week, next round expected next week.

UKRonaldo
Level 3

Thanks Drew.

King_Julien
Level 5

so?

Drew_Meyer
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hiya King_Julien. Blog post referenced above is here and we have 5.1 support in the patches due out before the end of July.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited
The much awaited Service Packs to add support to Windows Server 2012 (Remote Agent only) and VMWare 5.1 are released.

Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 Service Pack 3

Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 2

b1gg1e
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

That edit is in hand we had a technical glitch wit the publishing of the SCL PDF file that stopped us editing that yesterday/overnight

King_Julien
Level 5

Nice!