cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume shadow copy - error 7034

Suoff01
Level 2
Hello everyone!

I've got a problem with two servers I'd like to backup with Backup Exec 2010.
A view days since - and without any apparent reason - they're showing an error in the system log:
ID: 7034
Source: service control manager
Description:
The volume shadow copy service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 23 time(s).

The error does not occur in regular intervals.
There are no other errors before or after it. (only information about starting the service)

The Backup fails with error code 8004230F. (the servers showing the errors won't be backed up)

The servers showing these errors are Virtual Machines (VM) running Windows 2003 Server.

Thanks for your answers!
Kind regards,

Tobias.
5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
1. try backup use current setting with AOFO automaitc selection and disable Anti-virus software on the server to see if the lock snapshot is related to such application
2.try set AOFO using VSS to see if the problem still exist

Install Vss patches on the problem server ..

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Install the VSS rollup patch http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349 (Reboot required) on the problem server and perform backups

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Any update on this !!!!

Suoff01
Level 2

Hey,

sorry for my late answer.
Thak you very much for your answer. The problem doesn't seem to be caused by Symantec BE10.
Parallel with the BE10 - backup we do a VM-Ware backup (auto creating Snapshots with another server). The technician who had installed this said that he has this error with some other companys, too. (So he can fix it)

The backup with Symantec failed, because the Vbackup (VM-Ware) was trying to take a snapshot over and over without any success.

Kind regards,
Tobias

Suoff01
Level 2