cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

w

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
Hello,

How to unistall BE agent so that it's license can be reused elsewhere? I uninstalled Lotus Domino Agent from a Domino server (I mapped a drive from Domino Srv to BE media Srv and run setup.exe) and removed its licences from media server. After this BELAT (Backup Exec License Assesment Tool) claims that 1 Domino Agent is installed (on the media server). BUT IS NOT.

I've askd this simple question here a couple of times. Could someone from Symantec care to comment this. Please!

Thank You.

6 REPLIES 6

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
Something must have happened with the posting subject. Apologies ;)

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
If you have already removed the license from Backup Exec and uninstalled the agent from the domino server you will be fine.  I've never actually used BELAT (or seen it), so I'll have to do some checking on that, But as I said you should be fine with what you have done.

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
Thanks for your comment.

I've done it that way but after that when I install the BE agent to another Domino server the "Lotus Domino Databases" selection is not available on that server. Don't know why and it seems to be hard to figure it out. The Domino server that I am trying to install the agent is version 8. (published Aug/07) could it be that the BE somehow does not recognize this fresh version of Domino as a Domino server? (Manual says that version 7 and later are supported.)

Anyway, after this unsuccesful attept to install the BE agent to new domino server if I re-install the agent to the old (R6) Domino server the "Lotus Domino Databases" selection will be available there.

Any ideas how to get the agent working? Domino agent licences cost about 800€ a piece so it would be nice to be able to move it from machine to another...

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Lotus Domino 8 is not currently supported.  Please review the Software Compatibility List for supported versions. http://support.veritas.com/docs/286600

Kalle_Saarinen
Level 4
OK. Thanks for the info&link.

Any ideas when BE support for Domino 8 will be available and what components needs to be upgraded. BE server or just the domino agent or both?

Thanks

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
If it becomes supported in version 11d it be in the form of a patch.  So you will have to update the media server and remote agent.  But I have no idea when or if Lotus 8 will be supported on version 8.