cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what will does the Backup Exec do as I insert magazine ?

Pan-YanRu
Level 3

Hi All:

I use Backup Exec 15 on Windows 2012 R2.

Library : IBM TS3100

when I want to change a lot of tape which in the Tape library.

I would take out the magazine instead of I/O station.

After I done.

Do I need to do anything manually or what will does BE  do automatically ? 

Thank you ^.^

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When magazines are removed/inserted, BE is not aware of these events and will not do anything. To update the library status in BE, you need to do either a scan or an inventory. You can only do a scan if you are using barcode labels. Otherwise, you need to do an inventory. If you do a scan and you find that the tapes are not properly recognised and placed in their media sets, then do an inventory. This is a known problem

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Do your tapes have bar codes on them?  If so, then all that should be needed is to run a "scan" job in Backup Exec, which is pretty quick.  If you are not using bar codes, then you will need to run an inventory of the changed tapes.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When magazines are removed/inserted, BE is not aware of these events and will not do anything. To update the library status in BE, you need to do either a scan or an inventory. You can only do a scan if you are using barcode labels. Otherwise, you need to do an inventory. If you do a scan and you find that the tapes are not properly recognised and placed in their media sets, then do an inventory. This is a known problem

Pan-YanRu
Level 3

Thank you 

^^

Pan-YanRu
Level 3

Thank you

^^