cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I catalog an exchange backup tape?

Ouyamaster
Level 5

Job ended: Tuesday, September 09, 2014 at 11:20:21 AM

Completed status: Failed

Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.

Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

my Boss wants me to figure out why this happens on the server with the tape drive that made the backup.

But we have already restored the backup on a different server with a totally different vendors lto drive.

where it catlogues and inventories fine. on the server with the drive it was made with the snapshot shows up bad

and the error above is displayed.

I'm satisfied with just getting it to work somewhere else. however my boss wants to know why it can't be restored with the original tape drive.

we ran hp diags on it with the vendor which is quantum.

Is it even possible to figure out why?

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You might want to check out the 2 TNs below...1 relates to rebuilding the catalogs on the media server giving you the error, and the other shows which selection to make as a troubleshooting step:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH142684

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH45473

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If this tape is part of a set of tapes, then you would need to inventory and catalog the entire set of tapes.

Ouyamaster
Level 5

Those tns have helped some i unchecked some of the catalouging options.

But after I ran a restore the edb folder is empty and it only restored the logs.

My boss just wants to know why we got it back on one server and why we can't get it back on this one.

I may try another copy to disk first and then a restore.