cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot complete setup GCP 2.0.2

CP3P0
Level 3

Hi,

I am having troubles deploying cloudpoint 2.0.2 on GCP via cloud launcher. We have a VPN setup to our VPC. I can access the initial setup webpage via the Internal IP. After entering an email address and password, the installer starts. Then the circle gets to 89% and then a red banner appears at the bottom that says "failed to connect to telemetry." I am then taken back to the initial configuration page. I enter the same username and password, click configure again, and nothing happens. Reboot the host and try the initial configuration again, I get "Failed to start flexsnap-rabbitmq."

I cannot ssh using the google cloud console.

I successfully deployed 2.0.1 through gcp cloud launcher but the snapshots were not done on schedule so I thought I would just relaunch it since I hadn't done much setup. Any help getting 2.0.2 to complete the setup would be greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

Ash_R
Level 3

Hi @CP3P0,

Would you please attach/paste the /cloudpoint/logs/init.log file, that should hopefully provide more info on what happened during the install. 

Thanks,
Ash

Not sure how to get that for you. I cannot connect to ssh via the gcp console and putty fails saying not auth modes supported.

Sorry @CP3P0, I clearly am bad at reading messages, just saw that you had mentioned you can't ssh into the host. 

Since you can't actually ssh into the host, there is nothing much you can do. 

I would probably check if right keys are being used and the username used is ubuntu (not root). 

Apart from that, your best bet would be to reach out to the Veritas Sales rep that helped you with this. If this is something you tried on your own and you don't have a Sales rep, you can request a sales rep to call you and help you setup a Proof of Concept : https://www.veritas.com/form/requestacall/requestacall.html?cid=300000758729315

Hoping the issue is with SSH keys or the username :)

Cheers,
Ash

Hi @CP3P0,

I just tested this out and I am running into the same issue. It does seem like an issue with the Binary itself. 

Just thought would let you know .. its not you ... :D 

OK. Glad for that as there are only a few options in cloud launcher. Hard to mess it up. I did email my CAM and SE a while ago but nobody ever responded. Thats why I came here.

Hey @CP3P0,

I deployed CloudPoint today morning from GCP and it seemed to work fine. Just thought would let you know. :)

I didn't have as much luck as you. I redeployed it and was able to pass the initial setup but I am not able to add my gcp account. I just get an errors saying that "the plugin could not be configured" procceded by a notifcation that a plugin was added but I have no gcp arrays listed.

Psurana
Level 3
Employee

Can you reach out to CloudPointTeam@Veritas.com? We should be able to help you out with the google plugin issue. 

Thanks,

Pallavi

I saw there was an updated release of 2.0.2 on the 17th so I deployed it again. I was able to add my gcp account this time but I still have the same exact issue as before. I can manually create snapshots but automated snapshots fail. My policy is set to host level. There is an hourly event that shows a red !. Are host level snapshots not supported with GCP?

I saw there was an updated release of 2.0.2 on the 17th so I deployed it again. I was able to add my gcp account this time but I still have the same exact issue as before. I can manually create snapshots but automated snapshots fail. My policy is set to host level. There is an hourly event that shows a red !. Are host level snapshots not supported with GCP?

I tried to also create a disk level policy and apply it to the hard disks of my GCP VM and that also fails during its scheduled runs. I tried emailing that address but it was rejected. It says delivery to that address is restricted.

Hello @CP3P0, I sent you an email. Can you help to send us the logs?

Thanks,

--Kent

Finally got it working with Nick's help. The RC was the policy name had a cap and space in it. After creating a new policy that started with a lower case character and no spaces, my snapshots ran as scheduled.

How do you complete this step

"I didn't have as much luck as you. I redeployed it and was able to pass the initial setup but I am not able to add my gcp account. I just get an errors saying that "the plugin could not be configured" procceded by a notifcation that a plugin was added but I have no gcp arrays listed"