cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GCP: Attempts to restore created snapshots fail with "Subnetwork should be specified for custom ..."

Joerg_Lange
Level 2

I am currently evaluating Veritas CloudPoint as backup solution for our GCP instances.  While I am able to create snapshots, all attempts to restore a snapshot fails. 

In this example I create a snapshot from an CloudPoint instance. The original instance has a Network and a subnetwork assigned.

Restoring snapshot brmas-01-osdev-vm-20190618-1440

Task ID

964ca250-ecb1-4e32-a48a-641100f835e7

Started on Jun 19, 2019, 3:03:44 PM

Ended on Jun 19, 2019, 3:05:02 PM

Error Summary:

Instance ADD failed! > ....

Subnetwork should be specified for custom subnetmode network

How can I address this?

6 REPLIES 6

amadgulw
Level 3
Employee

Hi,

Would you be able to collect the logs and provide it to us, to further triage the issue?

Also, please gather following asset information using REST APIs (You can check swagger API page)

• Instance-asset of which you have taken snapshot of
  • Instance-host-snapshot which you are trying to restore.

Thanks,

Amit

_amit

Thanks for the quick feedback. I will collect the infos on Monday when I am back in the office.  Is the log collection procedure for Cloudpoint 2.1.2 in the admin manual?

Hi Joerg,

Can you tell me where you are in the world?

I work in the EMEA region and assist Monday morning if that helps..

Thanks

joseph dot cheney @ veritas dot com

Thanks a lot, Joseph, for the kind offer. Im am actually MUnich based.
I was able to collect the logs and the REST info now, but it is good to know that you are in the same region to assist, when thinks get difficult.

Kindest regards,

Joerg

HI Amit,

I collected the contents of /cloudpoint/logs and also the instance and snapshot info. However looking at the informaton security rules of my organization, it seems that I should not transfer that data to you by posting it on a public forum.  Is there any way to send the logs and instance data directly to you?

Thanks in advance for your support!

KR,
Joerg

Hi Joerg,

What is the VM size where CloudPoint is installed?

Please ignore this comment.