cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to add FS to policy

moheet
Level 3
Hello All, I was able to set up an agent on a RHEL 7 server but I am not able to protect its File system with a policy. As stated in guide I cannot see any vertical ellipses on the page.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

amadgulw
Level 3
Employee

About this: Which is the array from which disks are attached to this Host ?

If the array is not Hitachi or 3PAR, then we wouldn't be able to show the FS.

Because, we dont have support for other arrays than these two.

There are NO File Systems shown in 'File Systems' Tab, please confirm.

_amit

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AlexMatts
Level 6
Employee

Hello, @moheet –

Thank you for contacting the Veritas CloudPoint team. I suspect we can provide the solution you're seeking!

@sdio_writer, could you please assist @moheet and me in this matter?

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager

Hi, @moheet

Thank you for the comment. I discussed your issue with one of our developers -- who will also be posting here.

If you do not see the vertical ellipsis on the file system page, it indicates that the underlying assets of the file system may not be snapshottable; that is, there may be something in your CloudPoint configuration that may need to resolved before the assets can be snapshotted. If the assets can be snapshot, the vertical ellipsis are displayed.

To help identify the underlying issue,  could you describe your configuration in a bit more detail?

Our developer will be posting here to gather some more information.

Thanks.

amadgulw
Level 3
Employee

Hi @moheet,

I have few initial questions:

1. Could you please share the list of plugin that are configured on your agents ?
  2. Also, please let us know which are the disks/arrays that are connected to RHEL 7 machine ?
  3. Is your deployment in Cloud or On-Premise?

Thanks,

Amit

_amit

Hi Amit,

1image.png

2image.png

On-Premise

I can see the RHEL machine where the agent is configured.

image.png

amadgulw
Level 3
Employee

Hi,

About 1st image: the screenshot you've added is of the list of plugins that is supported by CloudPoint.

You need to goto Agents tab and go inside the on-host agent sitting on RHEL machine & check which of the plugins that are configured. 

Since, you are able to see there is on-host agent configured in Agents tab, linux FS plugin would be automatically loaded and enabled.

I see that the status of the on-host agent is Offline, at firstwe need to figure out why is that.

Is the connection between the Two hosts (CloudPoint container and RHEL on-host agent) is not working ?

_amit

amadgulw
Level 3
Employee

About this: Which is the array from which disks are attached to this Host ?

If the array is not Hitachi or 3PAR, then we wouldn't be able to show the FS.

Because, we dont have support for other arrays than these two.

There are NO File Systems shown in 'File Systems' Tab, please confirm.

_amit