cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem connecting flexsnap agent to cloudpoint server

nbu_rc_arinc
Level 2

Installed RHEL7 rpm without issue but registering agent fails. It seems like its trying to communicate with localhost opposed to the cloudpoint server? I'm missing something?

<snip>

Aug 23 12:14:41 ip-172-31-13-56.ec2.internal flexsnap-agent[6422] flexsnap.util: INFO - Starting serviceAug 23 12:14:41 ip-172-31-13-56.ec2.internal flexsnap-agent[6422] pika.adapters.base_connection: INFO - Connecting to ::1:5671 with SSL

Aug 23 12:14:41 ip-172-31-13-56.ec2.internal flexsnap-agent[6422] pika.adapters.base_connection: WARNING - Connection to ::1:5671 failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Aug 23 12:14:41 ip-172-31-13-56.ec2.internal flexsnap-agent[6422] pika.adapters.base_connection: INFO - Connecting to 127.0.0.1:5671 with SSL

Aug 23 12:14:41 ip-172-31-13-56.ec2.internal flexsnap-agent[6422] pika.adapters.base_connection: WARNING - Connection to 127.0.0.1:5671 failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Aug 23 12:14:41 ip-172-31-13-56.ec2.internal flexsnap-agent[6422] pika.connection: WARNING - Could not connect, 0 attempts left

Aug 23 12:14:41 ip-172-31-13-56.ec2.internal flexsnap-agent[6422] pika.callback: ERROR - Calling <bound method SelectConnection._on_connection_error of <pika.adapters.select_connection.SelectConnection object at 0x2823b90>> for "0:_on_connection_error" failed

<snip>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rlefevre
Level 2
Employee

Hello!

Yes, it does look like it's trying to connect to localhost instead of cloudpoint. A configuration file needs to be created that tells the agent where to connect to. This command should create the necessary file:

# (echo "[global]"; echo "target = myhost") >/etc/flexsnap.conf

with "myhost" replaced with the hostname of your cloudpoint server. It looks like this step was missed in our documentation. Sorry for the confusion! We'll get it fixed soon.

Ryan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

rlefevre
Level 2
Employee

Hello!

Yes, it does look like it's trying to connect to localhost instead of cloudpoint. A configuration file needs to be created that tells the agent where to connect to. This command should create the necessary file:

# (echo "[global]"; echo "target = myhost") >/etc/flexsnap.conf

with "myhost" replaced with the hostname of your cloudpoint server. It looks like this step was missed in our documentation. Sorry for the confusion! We'll get it fixed soon.

Ryan

Hello –

Thank you for reaching out to the CloudPoint team via VOX, @nbu_rc_arinc. And of course, thank you for seeking a solution, @rlefevre.

Once the fix is figured, I'd welcome an update upon this Discussion thread.

Kindly – Alexandra Matthiesen, VOX Community Manager

Dirk_Ehlers
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Ryan,

thanks for your help. It works in my lab.

Dirk

The suggested solution resolved the issue.

Hello, @Dirk_Ehlers and @nbu_rc_arinc –

Thank you for this update. I am pleased Veritas was able to identify a fitting solution.

If additional issues arise with your implementation of CloudPoint, please freely contact myself or @rlefevre via the VOX community.

Hi,

I updated our CloudPoint online help and PDF admin guide to correct this issue. Please see step 1 of the attached file, "Configuring an agent."

Thanks again for making our CloudPoint product better.

Hello, @sdio_writer –

Thank you! Your efforts, and those of the CloudPoint team, updating product documentation and sharing this additional feedback with the VOX community, helps to improve the experience of CloudPoint and the VOX community for all users.