cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accedently deleted main.cf file

allaboutunix
Level 6

Hi Team,

Please suggest if somebody manuly deleted main.cf file. Do cluster down, or what would be the impact on the cluster?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Deleting main.cf has no effect on running cluster as config is held in memory.  You can re-create main.cf by just running "haconf -dump".  If you didn't recreate before restarting VCS, main.cf is on all nodes so you can just start cluster from VCS from node that has main.cf.  They are also other copies of main.cf  - main.cf.previous and main.cf.timestamp and you can also generate main.cf from main.cmd (using hacf -cmdtocf /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config).

Mike

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You have asked the exact same question in July:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Discussions/Main-cf-accidently-deleted/m-p/756800

Once may be an accident... doing it again should get someone fired.... 

@Marianne.. This time I was asking that whether  cluster will down or not. I line I added, have some confusion :)

Thanks..

mikebounds
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Deleting main.cf has no effect on running cluster as config is held in memory.  You can re-create main.cf by just running "haconf -dump".  If you didn't recreate before restarting VCS, main.cf is on all nodes so you can just start cluster from VCS from node that has main.cf.  They are also other copies of main.cf  - main.cf.previous and main.cf.timestamp and you can also generate main.cf from main.cmd (using hacf -cmdtocf /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config).

Mike