Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional hearbeat link on Windows

mokkan
Level 6
Certified

Hi,

I would like to create additional hearbeat link on windows, I know how to create in unix environment.  I  don't want to reboot the server, I need to load dynamically, when they reboot next time, it can pick up from /etc/llttab.

Do  I need do via configuration wizard ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Mokkan,

You can use Veritas Cluster Configuration Wizard (VCW) to modify the heartbeat configuration.  But keep in mind that will do a force stop on the cluster (leave all service groups online except for the ClusterService group) and restart with the new heartbeat settings while running the wizard.

If you truely want to do it manually, you can modify the llttab.txt file directly as you have in Unix/Linux.  The file is located at %vcs_root%\comms\llt\llttab.txt.

Thank you,

Wally

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wally_Heim
Level 6
Employee

Hi Mokkan,

You can use Veritas Cluster Configuration Wizard (VCW) to modify the heartbeat configuration.  But keep in mind that will do a force stop on the cluster (leave all service groups online except for the ClusterService group) and restart with the new heartbeat settings while running the wizard.

If you truely want to do it manually, you can modify the llttab.txt file directly as you have in Unix/Linux.  The file is located at %vcs_root%\comms\llt\llttab.txt.

Thank you,

Wally