cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Failover

haditeo
Level 2

I would like to use Veritas Cluster Server to achieve high availability and automatic fail over for my applications.

These application are java applications with some services with the backend databases using Sybase

The java applications can be broken into 2 parts : web layer and application layer.

The underlying infrastructure will be in RHEL Linux for java applications and database (Sybase)

My question is : is VCS supporting seamless automatic failover for the java services including database services without requiring manual intervention ?

What i want to achieve is : after i setup active-passive for application layer, i expect the active node to automatically failover to passive node and immediately the passive node become active node

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

Yes that's the basic functionality of VCS. VCS will support automatic failover should the application fail on one node.

You would need to appropriately configure resources, dependencies & service groups.

My personal recommendation would be to create separate groups for application & web services. You can create dependencies at group level as well.

Start reading the admin guide & it will help you with step by step process..

https://sort.veritas.com/public/documents/sfha/6.2/linux/productguides/html/vcs_admin/ch05s09.htm

G

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified

Hello,

Yes that's the basic functionality of VCS. VCS will support automatic failover should the application fail on one node.

You would need to appropriately configure resources, dependencies & service groups.

My personal recommendation would be to create separate groups for application & web services. You can create dependencies at group level as well.

Start reading the admin guide & it will help you with step by step process..

https://sort.veritas.com/public/documents/sfha/6.2/linux/productguides/html/vcs_admin/ch05s09.htm

G